<  >


Finalist, Bauhaus Award Competition, 2006

Shifting the debate from the 1956 House, which stands on the site of the former Director’s House, we suggest investing in the corner space adjacent to it at the meeting of Ebertallee and Ziebigker Strasse. What is needed is neither the erasure of the 1956 House nor the rebuilding of the original, but instead a prominent visitors’ center to present, display and discuss the heritage and potential of the site in all its guises. The essential task is to apply the ambitions of the Modernist project in Dessau, and transcribe them into the contemporary realm: into a post-WWII and post-GDR Germany, and into the digital design age.